Re: setting up foreign keys

Well they don't necessarily have the same value!

It's a dictionary with cross-referenced words, e.g. 'bring' and 'brought' are both headwords in the dictionary, but 'brought' is cross-referenced to 'bring'. So, the table stores the information (using integer id's rather than words) that
   bring: bring
   brought: see bring
   sing: sing
   sang: see sing
etc.

Sue

Chris wrote:
Sue Fitt wrote:
Thanks Chris and Chris, you've solved it.

I had a gui open that connects to the database. It was doing nothing (and not preventing me adding to or altering headwords_core via psql), but having closed it the table is instantly created. Weird.

BTW, referencing the same column twice is deliberate, it's a cross-reference.

The same column and the same table?

Same column different table I could understand but not the same column & table ;)

I'm sure there's a reason for it though :)