Re: performance issue with a specific query

On 7/27/06, Eliott <eliott100@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi!

I hope I'm sending my question to the right list, please don't flame if it's
the wrong one.

I have noticed that while a query runs in about 1.5seconds on a 8.xx version
postgresql server on our 7.4.13 it takes around 15-20 minutes. Since we are
using RHEL4 on our server we are stuck with 7.4.13. The enormous time
difference between the different builds drives me crazy. Can you please help
me identifying the bottleneck or suggest anything to improve the dismal
performance.
The query is the following:

try turning off genetic query optimization.  regarding the rhel4
issue...does rhel not come with a c compiler? :)

merlin