Re: Big array speed issues

Not yet. I would first like to know what is the time consuming part and
what is a work around. If you are sure individual columns for every
entry of the array solve the issue I will joyfully implement it. The
downsize of this approch is that the array dimensions are not always the
same in my scenario. But I have a workaround in mind for this issue.

The first thing I would try would be to completely normalize te file, aka

create table data as
(
 id int,
 t timestamp,
 map_x int,
 map_y int,
 value float
);

and go with denormalized approach only when this doesn't work for some reason.

merlin