Re: 64-bit vs 32-bit performance ... backwards?

On Jun 13, 2006, at 1:40 AM, Nis Jorgensen wrote:
Since you sound like you have done extensive testing:

Do you have any data regarding whether to enable hyperthreading or not?
I realize that this may be highly dependant on the OS, application and
number of CPUs, but I would be interested in hearing your
recommendations (or others').

Hyperthreading never made much of a difference for our database loads. Since we've retired all non-dev P4 database servers, I am not too worried about it. We will probably re-test the new "Core 2" CPUs that are coming out, since those differ significantly from the P4 in capability.

J. Andrew Rogers