Re: 64-bit vs 32-bit performance ... backwards?

Anthony,

> I'm curious if anyone can back this up .... or debunk it.  It's about
> the polar opposite of everything I've heard from every other database
> vendor for the past several years, and would be quite an eye-opener for
> me.

I generally see a 20% "free" gain in performance on 64-bit (Opteron,
actually).  Possibly EDB is still using ICC to compile, and ICC is bad at
64-bit?

I have seen some applications which failed to gain any performance from
64-bit, but have never personally dealt with one which was slower.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun