Re: Getting even more insert performance (250m+rows/day)

On May 24, 2006, at 4:13 PM, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 04:09:54PM -0400, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
no warnings in the log (I did change the checkpoint settings when I
set up the database, but didn't notice an appreciable difference in
insert performance).

How about wal_buffers? Upping it might not help all that much if only one
thread is writing, but you might give it a try...

I tried, but I didn't notice a difference.

I should probably emphasize that I appear to be CPU bound (and I can double my # of rows inserted per second by removing the index on the table, or half it by adding another index).

I really should run gprof just to verify.

--
Daniel J. Luke