Re: Getting even more insert performance (250m+rows/day)

On May 24, 2006, at 4:02 PM, Dave Dutcher wrote:
If you can live with possible database corruption, you could try turning
Fsync off.  For example if you could just reinsert the data on the off
chance a hardware failure corrupts the database, you might get a decent
improvement.

I tried, but I didn't see much of an improvement (and it's not really acceptable for this application).

Also have you tried creating the index after you have inserted all your
data?  (Or maybe copy already disables the indexes while inserting?)

The data gets inserted in batches every 5 minutes and I potentially have people querying it constantly, so I can't remove and re-create the index.

--
Daniel J. Luke