Re: slow variable against int??

If you're trying to come up with ranking then you'll be much happier
using a sequence and pulling from it using an ordered select. See lines
19-27 in http://lnk.nu/cvs.distributed.net/9bu.sql for an example.
Depending on what you're doing you might not need the temp table.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      jnasby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx