Re: in memory views

Tino Wildenhain wrote:

Thomas Vatter schrieb:

is there a possibility for creating views or temp tables in memory to avoid disk io when user makes select operations?

No need. The data will be available in OS and database caches if
they are really required often. If not, tune up the caches and
do a regular "pre select".

Regards
Tino

hmm, I am selecting a resultset with 1300 rows joined from 12 tables. with jdbc I am waiting 40 seconds until the first row appears. The following rows appear really fast but the 40 seconds are a problem.

regards
tom