Re: Slow restoration question

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 02:40:15PM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
Note that I'm referring to bonnie++ as was an earlier poster.  It
certainly seems capable of giving you a good idea of how your hardware
will behave under load.

IME it give fairly useless results. YMMV. Definately the numbers posted before seem bogus. If you have some way to make those figures useful in your circumstance, great. Too often I see people taking bonnie numbers at face value and then being surprised that don't relate at all to real-world performance. If your experience differs, fine.

Mike Stone