Re: postgresql transaction id monitoring with nagios

On May 2, 2006, at 2:26 PM, Tony Wasson wrote:

The script detects a wrap at 2 billion. It starts warning once one or
more databases show an age over 1 billion transactions. It reports
critical at 1.5B transactions. I hope everyone out there is vacuuming
*all* databases often.

Something seems wrong... I just ran your script against my development database server which is vacuumed daily and it said I was 53% of the way to 2B. Seemed strange to me, so I re-ran "vacuum -a - z" to vacuum all databases (as superuser), reran the script and got the same answer.