Re: hardare config question

On May 1, 2006, at 1:58 PM, Erik Myllymaki wrote:

Of course now i am in a dangerous situation - using volatile write cache without a BBU.

It should be against the law to make RAID cards with caches that are not battery backed.

If I were to use a UPS to ensure a soft shutdown in the event of power loss, am I somewhat as safe as if I were to purchase a BBU for this RAID card?

no. not at all.