Re: Running on an NFS Mounted Directory

So do NAS's

Dan

On Apr 27, 2006, at 6:42 AM, Ketema Harris wrote:

The SAN has the snapshot capability.

On 4/27/06 9:31 AM, "Bruno Wolff III" <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 09:06:48 -0400,
  Ketema Harris <ketema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, your right, I meant not have to do the backups from the db server itself. I can do that within the storage device now, by allocating space for it, and letting the device copy the data files on some periodic basis.

Only if the database server isn't running or your SAN provides a way to
provide a snapshot of the data at a particular instant in time.

               http://archives.postgresql.org