Re: Performance decrease

190 fields in a table seems like rather a lot ... is that actually
representative of your intended applications?

Test table is like table I use in production
with Firebird and Oracle db. Table has a lot of smallint
and integer fields. As you can see I have Firebird for
low cost projects (small companies) and Oracle medium
or large project.

Again, is that representative of something you'll be doing a lot in
practice?  Most apps don't often update every row of a table, in my
experience.

I agree with you !
I have once or twice a month update on many records (~6000) but
not so many. I did not expect PG would have problems with
updating 15800 records.

My test was on Windows XP SP2.
I have AMD 64 2.1 GHz cpu with
1GB ram.