Re: Sun Fire T2000 and PostgreSQL 8.1.3

Juan Casero (FL FLC) wrote:

I can't fully realize
the performance benefits of the T2000 server unless and until I start
getting lots of people hitting the database server with requests.  This
doesn't happen right now.  It may happen later on as I write more
applications for the server but I am looking to see if the performance
benefit we can get from this server is worth the price tag right now.
That is why I am looking for ways to tweak postgres on it.
If you have a need to use the system for other purposes with the extra CPU bandwidth, you can partition it using the Solaris Containers feature. Doing this will give you room to grow your DB usage later and make full use of the system now.

Just a thought!

Regards,
Robert