Query parallelism

Hello everybody ,

I use PostgreSQL 8.1.3 on a bi-processor Xeon and I would know how to do to enable a parallelism for

the execution of  queries. Indeed , when I analyse the use of the cpus during a query the result is that for

some minutes a cpu is used while the other not and after it is the contrary. So they are not used at the same

time and i would know what i have to do in order cpus work together .

Thanks and sorry for my english,