Re: Best OS & Configuration for Dual Xeon w/4GB & Adaptec

Vivek Khera wrote:

On Mar 20, 2006, at 6:04 PM, Miguel wrote:

Umm, in my box i see better seektimes but worst transfer rates, does it make sense? i think i have something wrong, the question i cant answer is what tunning am i missing?

Well, I forgot to mention I have 15k RPM disks, so the transfers should be faster.

I did no tuning to the disk configurations. I think your controller is either just not supported well in FreeBSD, or is bad in general...

:-(

I guess you are right, i made a really bad choice, i better look at dell next time,
thanks

---
Miguel