Re: Help with optimizing a sql statement

Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Are you sure this WHERE clause really expresses your intent?  It seems
> awfully oddly constructed.  Removing the redundant parens and clarifying
> the layout, I get
> That next-to-last major AND clause seems a rather unholy mix of join and
> restriction clauses; I wonder if it's not buggy in itself.

FYI RT uses a perl module called SearchBuilder which constructs these queries
dynamically. So he's probably not really free to fiddle with the query all he
wants.

At the very least I would suggest checking the changelog for SearchBuilder for
more recent versions. There have been a lot of tweaks for working with
Postgres. In the past it really only worked properly with MySQL.

--
greg