Re: Throwing unnecessary joins away

Dear Tom,

Not sure about Otto's exact problem, but he did mention views, and I'd feel more comfortable if you told me that view-based queries are re-planned based on actual conditions etc. Are they?

Also, if you find it unlikely (or very rare) then it might be a configurable parameter. If someone finds it drastically improving (some of) their queries, it'd be possible to enable this feature in expense of extra planner cycles (on all queries).

What I'd be concerned about, is whether the developers' time spent on this feature would worth it. :)

--
G.