Re: How import big amounts of data?

I am doing twice as big imports daily, and found the follwing method most efficient (other than using copy):

- Use plpgsql function to do the actual insert (or update/insert if needed). - Inside a transaction, execute SELECT statements with maximum possible number of insert function calls in one go. This minimizes the number of round trips between the client and the server.

Thanks Teemu! could you paste an example of one of those functions? ;-) An example of those SELECTS also would be great, I'm not sure I have completly understood what you mean.

--
Arnau