Re: MySQL is faster than PgSQL but a large margin in

Madison,

On 12/21/05 11:02 PM, "Madison Kelly" <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Currently 7.4 (what comes with Debian Sarge). I have run my program on
> 8.0 but not since I have added MySQL support. I should run the tests on
> the newer versions of both DBs (using v4.1 for MySQL which is also
> mature at this point).

Yes, this is *definitely* your problem.  Upgrade to Postgres 8.1.1 or
Bizgres 0_8_1 and your COPY speed could double without even changing fsync
(depending on your disk speed).  We typically get 12-14MB/s from Bizgres on
Opteron CPUs and disk subsystems that can write at least 60MB/s.  This means
you can load 100GB in 2 hours.

Note that indexes will also slow down loading.

- Luke