Re: Read only transactions - Commit or Rollback

Markus Schaber schrieb:
Hello,

We have a database containing PostGIS MAP data, it is accessed mainly
via JDBC. There are multiple simultaneous read-only connections taken
from the JBoss connection pooling, and there usually are no active
writers. We use connection.setReadOnly(true).

Now my question is what is best performance-wise, if it does make any
difference at all:

Having autocommit on or off? (I presume "off")

If you are using large ResultSets, it is interesting to know that Statement.setFetchSize() does not do anything as long as you have autocommit on. So you might want to always disable autocommit and set a reasonable fetch size with large results, or otherwise have serious memory problems in Java/JDBC.