Re: TSearch2 vs. Apache Lucene

No, my problem is that using TSearch2 interferes with other core components of postgres like (auto)vacuum or dump/restore.

So you'll avoid a non-core product and instead only use another non-core product...?

Chris

Michael Riess wrote:

Has anyone ever compared TSearch2 to Lucene, as far as performance is concerned?

I'll stay away from TSearch2 until it is fully integrated in the postgres core (like "create index foo_text on foo (texta, textb) USING TSearch2"). Because a full integration is unlikely to happen in the near future (as far as I know), I'll stick to Lucene.

Mike

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq