Re: Missed index opportunity for outer join?

Tom Lane wrote:
If you have background tasks doing ANALYZEs then this explanation seems
plausible enough.  I'm willing to accept it anyway ...

Yup, there are such tasks.   I could dig through logs to try to confirm
or reject it; but I think it's reasonably likely that this happened.
Basically, data gets added to that table as it becomes ready from other
systems, and after each batch a vacuum analyze is run.