two disks - best way to use them?

I installed another drive in my linux pc in an attempt to improve performance

on a large COPY to a table with a geometry index.

Based on previous discussion, it seems there are three things competing for the hard

drive:

1)       the input data file

2)       the pg table

3)       the WAL

What is the best way to distribute these among two drives?  From Tom’s comments

I would think that the pg table and the WAL should be separate.  Does it matter where

the input data is?