Re: 15,000 tables

Heh looks like I left a trailing thought...

My post wasn't saying don't use journaled filesystems, but rather that it can be slower than non-journaled filesystems, and I don't consider recovery time from a crash to be a factor in determining the speed of reads and writes on the data. That being said, I think Tom's reply on what to journal and not to journal should really put an end to this side of the conversation.

Gavin