Re: 15,000 tables

hi michael

Have you ANALYZEd your database? VACUUMing?

Of course ... before 8.1 we routinely did a vacuum full analyze each night. As of 8.1 we use autovacuum.

what i noticed is autovacuum not working properly as it should. i had 8.1 running with autovacuum for just 2 days or so and got warnings in pgadmin that my tables would need an vacuum. i've posted this behaviour some weeks ago to the novice list requesting more infos on how to "tweak" autovacuum properly - unfortunately without any respones. thats when i switched the nightly analyze job back on - everything runs smooth since then.

maybe it helps in your case as well?

cheers,
thomas