Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases (

Luke Lonergan wrote:
Mark,

It would be nice to put some tracers into the executor and see where the
time is going.  I'm also curious about the impact of the new 8.1 virtual
tuples in reducing the executor overhead.  In this case my bet's on the agg
node itself, what do you think?

Yeah - it's pretty clear that the count aggregate is fairly expensive wrt cpu - However, I am not sure if all agg nodes suffer this way (guess we could try a trivial aggregate that does nothing for all tuples bar the last and just reports the final value it sees).

Cheers

Mark