Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases (

Mark,

On 11/18/05 6:27 PM, "Mark Kirkwood" <markir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That too, meaning the business of 1 executor random reading a given
> relation file whilst another is sequentially scanning (some other) part
> of it....

I think it should actually improve things - each I/O will read 16MB into the
I/O cache, then the next scanner will seek for 10ms to get the next 16MB
into cache, etc.  It should minimize the seek/data ratio nicely.  As long as
the tables are contiguous it should rock and roll.

- Luke

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend