Re: VERY slow after many updates

On 19.11.2005, at 13:05 Uhr, Alex Wang wrote:

Yes, it's a "queue" table. But I did not perform many insert/delete before it becomes slow. After insert 10 records, I just do get/ update continuously.

When PostgreSQL updates a row, it creates a new row with the updated values. So you should be aware, that the DB gets bigger and bigger when you only update your rows. Vacuum full reclaims that used space.

The concepts are described in detail in the manual in chapter 12.

cug

--
PharmaLine Essen, GERMANY and
Big Nerd Ranch Europe - PostgreSQL Training, Dec. 2005, Rome, Italy