Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases (

Title: Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases (
Vivek,

On 11/18/05 8:05 AM, "Vivek Khera" <vivek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can tell you from direct personal experience that you're just plain
wrong.

up with my load on a 60+ GB database.  The Dual opteron system has

I’m always surprised by what passes for a large database.  The poster is talking about 5,000GB, or almost 100 times the data you have.

Post your I/O numbers on sequential scan.  Sequential scan is critical for Decision Support / Data Warehousing.

- Luke