Re: Some help on buffers and other performance tricks

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:16:10 -0600
Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Very valid point.  It's the reason, in my last job, we had a mainline
> server with dual 2800MHz CPUs and a big RAID array.
>
> And our development, build and test system was a Dual Pentium Pro 200
> with 256 Meg of ram.  You notice slow queries real fast on such a box.

  I know several people who use this development method.  It can
  sometimes lead to premature optimizations, but overall I think it is
  a great way to work.

   Frank Wiles <frank@xxxxxxxxx>
   http://www.wiles.org

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq