Come join Upstart! We are looking for a Data Engineer with Postgres experience.
Very supportive environment and many opportunities for growth. Here is the official job description. Let me know if you have any questions.
Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. As we transitioned to being a public company, we’re now poised to leverage our domain expertise and revolutionize every aspect of lending and credit risk evaluation. We’ve recently expanded our offerings to include automobile refinancing and we plan to take on more verticals as the business grows.
As a Database Engineer, you will own the architecture, deployment, maintenance and performance optimizations of our production database systems built on Postgres technology. You’ll own and develop our AWS RDS infrastructure, including high-compliance services on AWS. You’ll also lead the way in building tooling and automation to monitor the performance and health of our database infrastructure and create tools for software engineers to help them create faster applications. You’ll have wide latitude in technology options and define our strategy for technology operations risk mitigation, which includes disaster planning and on-call procedures, and will report directly to our VP of Cloud Engineering.If you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in a Database Engineer/DBA role using Postgres, preferably at a startup using AWS RDS
- Have very good command of SQL
- Have knowledge of Postgres extensions and performance optimization techniques.
- Are familiar with Postgres scalability solutions
- Have decent knowledge of fundamental AWS building blocks (EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, IAM, VPC)
- Are comfortable working in high-security / high-compliance environments, such as finance or healthcare
- Have relevant technical skills (scripting, Unix command line tools)
- Have the ability to define high-level strategy for operations monitoring and risk mitigation
What you’ll love:
- Competitive compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal development and technology & ergonomic budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (game nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, book club, investing club, money discussions, photography club and basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
Link to full job listing - https://www.upstart.com/careers/69255/apply?gh_jid=2597419
CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This electronic message transmission contains information from Upstart Network, Inc. and is confidential or privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of or any other action based on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this electronic transmission in error, please delete it from your system and notify us by telephone at 650-204-1000 immediately.