Nistica, a Bridgewater NJ manufacturer, looking for PostgreSQL support
Nistica, a leading manufacturer of optical switches (use to switch optical signals on the Internet), is looking for help doing a PostgreSQL 9.2 to PostgreSQL 9.6 upgrade, and setting up replication and security in 9.6.
We are based in Bridgewater, NJ. We use Ruby-on-Rails & ActiveRecord to frontend a PostreSQL 9.2 manufacturing execution system (MES). This controls our manufacturing process.
We are looking for someone for a six month contract.
• Upgrade PostgreSQL and Ruby-on-Rails database.
• Provide on-site testing with Selenium test tool and migration support.
transfer manufacturing to the new database.
The ideal candidate should have experience upgrading PostgreSQL from 9.2 to 9.6; establishing a Replication Server; testing and verifying an existing Ruby-on-Rails Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) or equivalent works in this environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Complete a PostgreSQL 9.2 to 9.6 upgrade on a Red Hat 7.4 Linux.
• Verify the existing Ruby-on-rails (Ruby 1.8.7, Rails 3.2) Web based interface works on this new RedHat environment.
• Support database migration from existing manufacturing system to the new database server.
• Configure a replication server using PostgreSQL 9.6 Replication on the Red Hat 7.4 Linux.
• Implement security features on the new database.
• Document various aspects of the new database.
• Established track record with 3+ years of PostgreSQL 9+ database experience is essential.
• Knowledge of ActiveRecord Interface to PostgreSQL 9.6 (In order to check known failure points).
• Knowledge of PostgreSQL 9.6 replication essential.
• Experience with Ruby programming language essential.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails (Rails) with PostgreSQL essential.
• The candidate must have RedHat or CentOS Linux experience, RedHat 7.4 a plus.
• Experience with C/C++, Java, Web development and SQL desirable.
• Knowledge of Selenium testing tool desirable.
• Familiar with RAID and network filesystems.
• Knowledge of Dell PowerEdge servers (R610+) desirable.
• Hands-on experience critical.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher, Computer Science discipline desirable.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Team-oriented, bright, forward-thinking, creative, and naturally curious.
• Self-starter, high energy level with strong interpersonal skills.
• Highest level of personal and professional integrity.
(610) 247 2323