PostgreSQL Database Administrator (DBA)
Binary.com is seeking a driven, proactive, and highly-experienced PostgreSQL Database Administrator. You will plan, install, and maintain database systems to ensure the integrity and seamless flow of information for our high-traffic binary options trading platform. This role is needed in our operational headquarters in Cyberjaya and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We will assist you with your work permit, and relocation for your family.
Binary.com is the award-winning leader in online binary options trading. Our platform allows customers to trade currencies, stocks, and commodities.
Founded in 1999, we are one of the oldest and most respected names in our industry. Today, we have over one million registered accounts around the world, and trade over USD 1 billion in options transactions per year.
Our business is growing strong. Over the last five years, we have grown more than 20-fold. We expect to grow even further in the coming years.
Binary.com is a vibrant and progressive company that blends the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with the profitability and stability of a long-running business.
Our company is built on a culture that fosters teamwork, individuality, and creativity.
We care deeply about cultural and gender diversity. We go to great lengths to foster a supportive, caring environment within a flat organizational structure.
We value staff with a sense of fun and adventure, who are optimistic, and customer focused. Above all, you must agree with our strong emphasis on business integrity.
Your skills and motivations
You should be passionate about what Binary.com stands for, and what we do.
You have extensive experience with relational databases, and enjoy working with databases, servers, and APIs.
You are smart, self-motivated, and proactive. You thrive in a dynamic work environment and approach even the smallest task with an open mind.
Most importantly, you value the importance of constant, open, and honest communication.
We are looking for someone who loves to:
- Test and fix things, especially when it involves working with data.
- Do great work, and inspires people around them to do the same.
- Work with highly talented people in an exciting, multinational environment.
- Get things done in a no-nonsense manner.
- Work without bureaucracy and hierarchy.
- Have the latest tools and technologies at their disposal.
- Learn and improve, day in and day out.
To excel in this role, you must have:
- Experience as a Postgres DBA, with advanced hands-on knowledge of
- database setup,
- performance tuning,
- disaster recovery,
- stored procedures
- Experience with database testing tools such as pgTAP
- Experience with data extraction and reporting for data warehouse/cube
- Knowledge of Linux system administration, including configuration and automation tools such as Chef as well as Shell scripting is preferred
- Knowledge of scripting language and Perl, in particular, is a plus
- Experience with Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) is an advantage
Binary.com’s IT team is responsible for the design, development, and operation of our high-traffic networks. As our PostgreSQL Database Administrator, you will plan, implement, and manage the database systems that are essential to the architecture of our high-traffic binary options trading platform.
- Plan, install and configure world-class database systems that meet business objectives and the needs of end users
- Assist backend developers in writing production-ready SQL code
- Plan and carry out the upgrade and migration of databases as needed
- Develop, implement, and test database backup and recovery plans
- Manage database security by controlling access to data through authentication, authorization, and auditing
- Perform tests to ensure database performance and security, as well as data integrity
- Document and administer database policies, procedures, and standards
- Plan and execute data extraction for efficient loading in data warehouse, and ensure extracted data is useful and properly formatted
- Troubleshoot and debug problems in existing database systems, and find new ways to improve their speed, functionality, and scalability
Remuneration and benefits
This position includes a market-based salary, annual performance bonus, and health benefits. You will also receive travel and Internet allowances.
You will enjoy a casual dress code and flexible hours. You also have the freedom to select your preferred tools and systems.
Join us in Kuala Lumpur or Cyberjaya and take your career to the next level.
For the ultimate convenience, our Kuala Lumpur office at Q Sentral is connected to the city’s largest transportation hub, KL Sentral.
Thirty minutes away from the KL city centre lies our Cyberjaya office where you can experience the ultimate work-life balance in a high-tech green township.