We are looking for a Senior Database Administrator who thinks in clever ways to solve problems of scale and load with elegant solutions. Our database team supports several postgres databases up to 500+GB each over 50 database servers across four data centers. As a senior member of this team, you will work closely with QA, engineering, and project management to help us bring automation, stability, and general awesomeness into this architecture.
- Setup and maintenance of postgres master-slave clusters utilizing streaming replication (Slony a bonus, but not required)
- Cross-datacenter disaster recovery and backup architecture
- Performance monitoring and optimization
- Query optimization and troubleshooting
- Close collaboration with engineering on schema additions and updates utilizing Liquibase
- Participation in week-long on-call rotations
- 5+ years of experience administering PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with automation tools such as CFEngine, Chef, or Puppet
- Thorough understanding of normal forms, and when to break them
- Solid scripting skills
- Experience with Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti, Graphite or similar monitoring tools
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience
To apply for this position, please email jobs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx your resume in a standard Word or PDF document, and include the exact job title in the subject line as above. Please no agency submissions or calls.