We are a diversified fixed income fund with $2.4 billion of AUM. We are searching for a developer with 3 to 5 years of experience designing and implementing software. The candidate will support all internal data infrastructure, interacting with areas including middle office, accounting, risk, trading, and investor relations.
You must have:
• An interest in fixed income investments and a demonstrated capacity to pick things up quickly.
• Experience with designing and administering large databases, including performance optimization. We use PostgreSQL.
• Experience with SQL programming in creation and optimization of stored procedures, triggers and user defined functions.
• Experience with scripting languages. We primarily use Bash, R, and Ruby.
• A high level of comfort with the command line. Our core systems run on Debian Linux.
• Habits conducive to working in a multi-developer environment, like source control and bug tracking tools. We use Git and JIRA for these, respectively.
• Experience developing web software
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of a broad range of fixed income products
• Experience with financial applications like Bloomberg, Geneva, and RiskMetrics
• Experience with an object-oriented language like C++ or Java
• Comfortable developing advanced web applications using Ruby on Rails
• Understanding of modern UI principles, frameworks and unit testing libraries
• Understanding of performance best-practices using caching and compression technologies