Re: Pg_repack

On Mon, Aug 12, 2024 at 11:49 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2024-Aug-12, Sathish Reddy wrote:

> Hi
>   We have configure pg_repack on database.when we ran pg_repak it is using
> temporary table on repack once repack done it is going to swap temporary
> table to original .on these case it is genarate huse wal files and it
> getting size increase be end .

>     We need help on these instead of using temporary table can we use unlog
> table on reduce these wal case.

I bet you'll find that pg_squeeze gives you better characteristics on
those aspects.  In any case, it's better if you can find a way to avoid
running either of these tools in a regular manner, and instead treat
them as if they were an emergency solution only, and rely on a better
configured autovacuum to avoid having to schedule them regularly.

But pg_repack is just a better VACUUM FULL, and VACUUM FULL has to be better than autovacuum because it fully vacuums a table.

Right? /s

--
Death to America, and butter sauce.
Iraq lobster!