Re: DR setup in RHOS

Hi Rajesh

Question: Do you need streaming replication to this new DR primary Node from the previous DR Cluster?

Take a base backup from your existing primary DR PG instance using pg_basebackup or pgBackRest.

Transfer this backup to your new DR site.

Restore the backup to your new DR PostgreSQL instance. Ensure that the recovery settings (like restore_command) are properly configured to fetch WAL files.

Configure your primary PostgreSQL instance to archive WAL files.

Enable streaming replication for the standby node as you have made changes in conf in previous DR.

Then

You have to do it manually by installing PGbouncer and Patroni.

You can use the `patroni.yaml` file from the previous DR setup, adjust it for the new DR environment with the Postgres cluster, and do the same for the PGbouncer configurations.

But all of this needs to be done on a local machine first.

Thanks

Muhammad Affan (아판)

PostgreSQL Technical Support Engineer / Pakistan R&D