Re: SubTablespaces(Recursive) expected behaviour?

"David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Sunday, July 28, 2024, Stepan Neretin <sncfmgg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi, David. I have read this page several times and have not answered my
>> question. I'm probably not paying attention. Can you, I wanted to quote
>> what I'm missing out on

>  “The location must be an existing, empty directory that is owned by the
> PostgreSQL operating system user.”

Indeed, that doesn't directly answer the question, but I think the
implication is clear: we do not expect a tablespace directory to
contain anything except files that Postgres itself puts there.

I don't actually see the point of the described setup anyway.  There
is zero value that I can see in putting two tablespaces on the same
physical volume --- they won't provide any interesting separation.

			regards, tom lane