Re: Migration from CentOS7 to RHEL red hat Linux

On Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 2:20 AM Wasim Devale <wasimd60@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Everyone

I want primary and secondary running on CentOS7 in sync with primary and secondary running on RHEL. Is it possible by any chance that postgresql allows.

Technically, yes, but I recommend against that because CentOS7 and the unspecified RHEL version might have different glibc versions (thus different collations, and so PKs, FKs, queries, etc might fail).

OTOH, logical replication would work just fine between CentOS7 and your unspecified RHEL version.  (Lots of metadata updates would complicate that, though.)