Re: filesystem full during vacuum - space recovery issues

On Thu, Jul 18, 2024 at 3:01 PM Thomas Simpson <ts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]

[BTW, v9.6 which I know is old but this server is stuck there]

[snip]

I know I'm stuck with the slow rebuild at this point.  However, I doubt I am the only person in the world that needs to dump and reload a large database.  My thought is this is a weak point for PostgreSQL so it makes sense to consider ways to improve the dump reload process, especially as it's the last-resort upgrade path recommended in the upgrade guide and the general fail-safe route to get out of trouble.

 No database does fast single-threaded backups.