Create Partitions !

I have a table which has around 300 millions of records and this table, Every minute there would be a lot of huge writes and reads on this data. So, I don't see there were any partitions created on this table. So, is it a possible case that I can create partitions on the already existing table which has millions of records based on certain column which has some list of values under it and those list of that column is being used in my WHERE clause in the SELECT statement.
Values are Varchar for that column. They are  list distinct  10 values that can repeat.