Re: Urgent: Segmentation Fault in PostgreSQL postmaster Process

Veerendra Pulapa wrote:
> I am reaching out to discuss an issue we recently encountered with our PostgreSQL
> setup, where a bug triggered on our standby servers before it affected the master.
> I am seeking insights into whether the resource differences between our servers
> could have played a role in this sequence of events.
>
> Issue Overview:
>
> We observed a signal 11 (segmentation fault) error that first appeared on our
> standby servers and subsequently affected the master server.

Please don't hijack another thread, start your own.

You should tell us the exact PostgreSQL version and operating system.
Also, tell us exactly what you did to trigger the problem.
Collect a core dump and get a stack trace (you need debugging symbols):
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Generating_a_stack_trace_of_a_PostgreSQL_backend

Yours,
Laurenz Albe