Statement_timeout in procedure block

Hello PgAdmins,

We have a Postgres instance where we had set statement_timeout to 1hour at instance level.
However, today we noticed that one of our cron jobs which calls a stored procedure failed with timeout error as it was running for more than an hour.
I tried setting “Set local statement_timeout=‘2 h’” within the stored procedure expecting that the statement timeout will be 2hours for the SP execution. However it did not work as expected.
Can anyone please suggest what can be done here.

Thanks in advance,
J. Teja.