Re: Where to learn PostgreSQL for free?

Good morning, Edwin,

I understand your concerns about security, especially with your previous experience on the AWS Free Tier. It’s essential to approach this with a strategy that enhances security while using AWS or any other cloud service. Here are a few steps to help you safeguard your environment:

	1.	Strong Access Controls: Always use strong, unique passwords for your AWS account and databases. Implement Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to add an extra layer of security.
	2.	Minimal Privilege Principle: Assign the least privilege necessary to your AWS roles and permissions. This limits potential damage if an account is compromised.
	3.	Security Groups and Network ACLs: Configure these to control inbound and outbound traffic to your instances strictly. This helps prevent unauthorized access.
	4.	Regular Monitoring and Audits: Use AWS CloudTrail and other monitoring tools to keep track of activities and detect unusual access patterns or potential security threats.
	5.	Data Encryption: Use AWS’s built-in tools to encrypt your data at rest and in transit. This ensures that your data is secure, even if intercepted.

Regarding your interest in installation exercises, while AWS does offer pre-built options, you can also configure custom PostgreSQL installations on EC2 instances. This allows you to practice installation, configuration, and management as if you were handling a server in your own data center.

I hope these tips help you feel more confident in using cloud environments securely. Wishing you the best in your learning journey!

Best regards,
Sondra

Sent from my iPhone