Re: Foreign tables - oracle_fdw

On Saturday, May 4, 2024, Edwin UY <edwin.uy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is it possible that as schema owner of either schema1 or schema2, i.e. administrator, I create the user mapping and the foreign tables and then grant access to user1 to user5 and schema2/schema1?
I can't find any reference/doc/example on whether this is possible or not.

I also don't have the password of each user. Can I use set role user1 to user5 to do the CREATE USER MAPPING and CREATE FOREIGN TABLE.

In summary, I am wanting to do the CREATE USER MAPPING and CREATE FOREIGN TABLE once only in either SCHEMA1 and SCHEMA2 and grant any role/user to be able to access these foreign tables, mainly just a select.

Any guidance will be much appreciated. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

I’m not really following the specifics but most likely appropriate usage of group roles will ease things.

 https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/role-membership.html

Though letting users select from the foreign table is just a permissions thing.

David J.