Re: Enable DB level audit trail

"Audit tables" are tables just like any other table, which means they can be changed by anyone with a superuser ROLE.

pgaudit and Qradar rsyslog is how you unalterably track table changes.  That, of course, means you need the Qradar software on another server, etc, etc, etc.

But if lawyers and security compliance officers don't care... then sure, triggers and "audit tables" work just fine.  I recommend adding a timestamp and "action code" ('I'=insert, 'U'=update, 'D'=delete) to the audit tables in addition to cloning the base table's columns.