RE: Upgrade Rhel7.9 to Rhel9.3

When we tried on a test server we were seeing issues with libcrypto.so.10 and libssl.so.10

I know sometimes symlinks are needed but we can't seem to get these to work which led to my question of if postgres12 was supported on rhel9.3

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Conway <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2024 11:31 AM
To: garyorban@xxxxxxxxx; pgsql-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Upgrade Rhel7.9 to Rhel9.3

On 3/6/24 11:27, garyorban@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> We are upgrading our servers from rhel7.9 to rhel9.3. Currently we run
> postgres version  12 on Rhel 7.9.
>
> After the upgrade will postgres 12 run on rhel9.3 ?

Presumably you will install the RHEL 9 packages which will be built with all of the needed dependencies. If so, you should be fine there.

> Will I have issues with shared libraries etc…

But beware of collation changes. You will almost certainly need to rebuild some indexes afterwards.

Lest you think you will not be affected, see:
   https://www.joeconway.com/presentations/glibc_issues-PGCon-2023.pdf

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team