Re: New table not have access for read only user

On Wednesday, February 28, 2024, Ankur Kaushik <ankurkaushik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi ,

I am making the user in postgresql 14.7 as below commands

\c dbname;
CREATE USER report_reader WITH PASSWORD 'xyz';
GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO report_reader;
GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA schema1 TO report_reader;
GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA schema1 TO report_reader ;

When the new table is added , report_reader not able to see show permission denied.

After executing the below command able to read
GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA schema1 TO report_reader;

So How we can make to read only user new tables are able to show by itself. ?

Use the alter default privileges command.

David J.